£155,000.

1932 Rolls-Royce Phantom II

Car Details
Body Drophead
Mileage N/A
Year 1932
Fuel type Petrol
Engine N/A
Transmission Manual
Exterior Color Green
Interior Color Beige
VIN: 84MS
Seller Note

An extremely elegant, swish and stylish car, sweeping and low in design, in excellent condition following a great deal of restoration work over the years, both before and during the last ownership of over thirty years. The coachwork was constructed and fitted in the 1980s, to a high standard and of very appropriate design, inspired by a sought-after configuration by coachbuilders such as Gurney Nutting, Freestone & Webb, etc, at the peak of their art. Excellent paintwork, upholstery, chromework, etc, and absolutely superb interior woodwork, incorporating attractive cross-banding on the dash rail and the door cappings. All of this is enhanced by touches such as very light, elegant wing design, with ‘trouser creases’, low, sporty-looking windscreen, a full complement of correct and impressive lights and horns, including twin ‘owl eye’ tail lamps, a large fitted trunk at the rear, with the spare wheel behind it. Mechanically, the car is excellent too, with a smooth, quiet engine, and is offered fully prepared, serviced and MoT tested. You will see that the car is fitted with whitewall tyres in the video and many of the photos, but we can offer blackwalls if you prefer, as shown in some of the pictures. A lovely car and a real ‘eyeful’!

Chassis No. 84MS Reg. No. GY 7717

Snippets: Finance, Research Laboratories and “Melisande”
Geoffrey Averell Daniell (1878/1950) registered 84MS at his business address of 53 Pont Street, London. G. Daniell initial foray into business was in 1903 as a “Bill Broker” with his partners being scions of private banking families – E. A. D. Ryder (Harrowbys of Coutts Bank) & G. E. Mills (Glyn, Mills & Co), this partnership was dissolved in 1913 with G. Daniell establishing Daniell, Cazenove & Co with Ralph de L. Cazenove. Mrs. Daniell was also a keen motorist and raced AC Aces as part of the factory team in events such as the RAC Rally, Scottish Rally and the Monte Carlo Rally – her daughter often acted as co-pilot i these events. In 1950 a fire broke out at the Aviemore Hotel claiming the life of two residents; one of who was Geoffrey Daniell – he and his family were staying at the hotel on their summer vacation. In 1936 84MS had been sold to Sir George Mitcheson (1883/1955) MP who that same year was created a Knight Bachelor for his political and public services. In the 1930s Sir Mitcheson had created a charitable trust in order to build and maintain HOSA Research Laboratories which “exist solely for research work” into the treatment of cancer – primarily with regard to the use of subcutaneous injections of an extract of parathyroid glands. It would appear that Sir Mitcheson kept 84MS during WWII and in 1947 the car is shown as being with Reginald Urry Redmile-Garner who changed his name by deed-poll that same year from Garner to Redmile-Garner. One of Reginald’s residences included the motor-boat “Melisande” which in 1955 was moored in Dover Harbour (it would appear that Reginald’s finances suffered a reverse of fortune). During WWII “Melisande” served the Royal Navy as a depot ship for Auxiliary Patrol Vessels prior to being acquired by Reginald Redmile-Garner. It would seem that in 1950 84MS was with John Redmile-Garner of Durrow Abbey in Co Offaly, Eire – the property was sold in 1953 to Ralph Slazenger, a scion of the sporting goods family but no record of the Redmile-Garner family at that address has come to light.